A graduate of University of North Florida, Danae’s background in education began as an elementary teacher and over the years has grown into educating women and families throughout the perinatal stage, and most recently includes health and wellness education, and group fitness classes for women of all ages.
Over a decade ago Danae’ became a doula because of the support and education she received in her own pregnancies, which empowered her to make mindful choices and come to realize that her birth experience would be one she would remember for a lifetime.
Danae’s passion for birth grew even more after living in Guatemala with her family and serving alongside a local midwife. She was able to learn about another culture, and see firsthand, that it is possible to break through any barriers; whether language, or cultural, in this beautiful process called birth when women and their partners are fully supported and well cared for by their providers and birth team.
Danae’ is also a Certified Revelation Wellness® Fitness Instructor and enjoys teaching group fitness classes. She is passionate about connecting in community and educating women in all stages of life in the awareness and importance of the mind-body connection.
Danae’s love for birth and fitness have come full circle and she is thrilled to now offer 4th Trimester Fitness® Method classes as a certified instructor for Birth Ball Basics™, Post Partum Recovery® Fitness, and Pelvic Floor, Core and More™! Click here for more info, and class schedules.
Danae’ stays busy with her 6 children and is also passionate about foster care and adoption. Alongside her husband, Carl, she serves as a Jax Advocate for Foster Florida, where they volunteer to equip the community and church to use their gifts, talents, and resources to support foster families.
Certifications and Additional Trainings:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education – University of North Florida
- DONA Certified Birth Doula
- Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator
- Bradley Method Trained Childbirth Educator
- LCCE, Lamaze Certified Educator
- YMCA: Cycle/Group Exercise Instructor Training
- Revelation Wellness® Fitness Instructor
- 4th Trimester Fitness® Method Instructor
- Healthy Children Lactation Counselor Training
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorder (PMAD) Training
- Adult and Child and Infant CPR/AED Certified
- NRP Certified (Neonatal Resuscitation Program)
- Foster Florida Chapter Advocate