In this 5-week evidence-based series you can expect to gain a full understanding of the following:
- Birth Choices and Goals
- Healthy Pregnancy (Exercise, and Nutrition)
- Labor, Birth and Variations/Interventions
- Relaxation and Comfort Strategies
- Postpartum, Newborn Period, and Breastfeeding
* Classes will include lecture, discussion, demonstration, videos, and various activities.
* Throughout the series, we will practice relaxation and have labor rehearsals during class.
* Dress comfortably (really– be comfortable! Yoga pants and a t-shirt are fine!)
* Bring 2 pillows with you to every class for relaxation practice.
* Bring a pen and paper to take notes. There is a lot of information given and it can be hard to store it all mentally without taking notes to review later.
The registration fee includes a 5-week series of classes, a student workbook, handouts, and access to my childbirth/pregnancy/parenting library of books. To reserve a spot in the course, please submit a $50 non-refundable deposit. Class sizes are limited. The teacher reserves the right to cancel a scheduled session if there are not at least two students/couples participating in the class. If a session is cancelled, the instructor will discuss other arrangements with you. The balance of your fee is due by the end of the first class unless prior financial arrangements have been approved by the instructor. All payments can be made by check, cashier’s check, money order, credit card/PayPal (with an additional fee to cover PayPal costs) or cash (please do not mail cash). There will be a $30 charge, plus any additional expenses incurred, for returned checks. And, once the series has started there are no refunds, with exception to extenuating circumstances to be determined at the discretion of the instructor.